In order to integrate your Base Station with Senet's Network, it must be on-boarded. This process involves:
Installation & configuration of a supported packet forwarder.
Once registration is complete your Base Station's packet forwarder will communicate with Senet's network.
Senet Packet Forwarder for RAN providers
This integration option is applicable to Radio Access Network (RAN) Providers deploying Base Stations at scale. This option increases security over the standard Senet Packet Forwarder, which includes restricting local user accounts and preventing remote access.
Base Station Registration and Software Installation is only required for devices that are new to the Senet Network. If Senet provided the Base Station, no further action is necessary.
Supported Base Stations
For a list of supported Base Stations please see the Base Stations Software documentation.
Base Station Registration
Registration for RAN Providers
- Log into the Portal with your RAN Provider account.
- From the landing page click the + button to add a new Base Station.
- You will be presented with a Create Base Station window.
- Select the Model type of the Base Station to connect to the network.
- Input the serial number for the Base Station. For more information on how to obtain the serial number and the proper format pleases see the Base Station specific documentation.
- Allocate an EUI for the Base Station to be used. If the Base Station does not have an EUI (most common) click the button to allocate an EUI from Senet's EUI registry.
- Confirm EUI Allocation
- Optionally set a name for the Base Station.
- Optionally set the Admin Status for the Base Station.
- Select the channel plan to be used for this Base Station. Default is US Channel Plan.
- Select the RX channels to be used, this should be properly defaulted. It is not recommended to change these values.
- Advanced - Set a Channel Mask to disable specific channels.
- Optionally set the Alert Level for the Base Station.
- Select the type of Base Station being added to the network.
- Associate the Base Station with a Contract.
- Fill in the installation info for where and how the Base Station will be installed
- If you do not know the GPS coordinates of the Base Station, click the button to automatically geo-locate the coordinates based on the earlier provided address.
- Click Save, once complete your Base Station will be added to the table.
- If you have not done so, install the RAN provider software on the Base Station. The install instructions can be found in the Base Station specific documentation.
- When the Base Station is online with the software properly installed and talking to the network, you will see a green status indicator.