Losant is an Enterprise IoT platform that provides a cloud software foundation to build and scale compelling IoT Applications. Losant has a unique, low-code approach to Application development and provides a toolset for developing dashboards to visualize data in multiple ways. Messages sent from the Senet platform will be forwarded in JSON format (See Default Data Fields). Losant supports HTTP-type connections called Webhooks.
Losant Application Templates
A variety of preconfigured Application Templates are available from a number of different entities. Senet has collaborated with Losant to provide an Application Template that delivers visualization and alerting for a Milesight AM107 Ambience Monitor which can be found here.
To start taking advantage of Losant, a user of the platform will need to create at least one of each of the following:
The Senet Application Template includes a Device Recipe, Custom Node, and Dashboard for the Milesight AM107.
Losant Platform Setup Steps
- Navigate to the Losant platform
- Create a new Application, either from a template or a new blank Application.
- Navigate to the Webhook page and create a new Webhook. You can optionally choose to require basic authentication for requests against this Webhook.
- After you've created the Webhook, note the Webhook URL displayed in the Webhook table.
Notifier Setup in the Senet Portal
- Return to the Senet Portal
- Expand the Device settings menu in the top right corner of the Device tile (top arrow)
- Open the Edit Device menu by clicking the gear icon (middle arrow)
- Edit the target Device's Notification Target
- Verify the Notification Target is enabled
Losantfrom the drop down menu (bottom arrow)
- Specify the Losant Webhook URL as the Notification Target Webhook URL in the Senet Portal.
- For Webhooks configured with optional basic authentication:
- In the example below a username of
exUserand a password of
- Convert the username and password to Base64 encoding using the provided
- Enter the username and password then press
Okto fill in the Authorization string
Getting Started with Losant
Creating a Workflow
- Return to the Losant platform
- Navigate to the Workflow page
- If the workflow does not already exist or the Senet template will not be utilized, create a new Application-type Workflow using the Add Workflow button
- Enter the Workflow editor by clicking on the Workflow from the list of created workflows. In the example below the Senet Developer - Milesight AM107 template workflow will be shown
- Once in the Workflow editor, add a Webhook-type node to the Workflow if one does not already exist. The Webhook node will act as the ingress into Losant
The Senet Developer - Milesight AM107 template workflow includes a Webhook node titled AM107 Webhook
- Click on the Webhook node to edit it. Select the corresponding Webhook (from section Losant Platform Setup Steps) under the Webhook Name dropdown menu
- Continue exploring the Losant platform by watching Losant solutions architect Kevin Niemiller and Senet's CTO and COO, Dave Kjendal, walk through the Senet Application Template in a Deeper Dive Webinar replay: