In order to integrate your Base Station with Senet's Network, it must be on-boarded. This process involves:
Installation & configuration of a supported packet forwarder.
Once registration is complete your Base Station's packet forwarder will communicate with Senet's network.
Senet Packet Forwarder for RAN providers
This integration option is applicable to Radio Access Network (RAN) Providers deploying Base Stations at scale. This option increases security over the standard Senet Packet forwarder, which includes restricting local user accounts and preventing remote access.
Base Station Registration and Software Installation is only required for devices that are new to the Senet Network. If Senet provided the Base Station, no further action is necessary.
Supported Base Stations
|Kerlink Wirnet iBTS Compact|
|Kerlink Wirnet iBTS 64|
|Kerlink Wirnet Station|
|MultiTech Conduit IP67|
|Tektelic KONA Micro|
|Tektelic KONA 16 Macro|
|Tektelic KONA 64 Mega|
Base Station Registration
Registration for RAN Providers
- Log into the Portal with your RAN Provider account.
- From the landing page click the + button to add a new Base Station.
- You will be presented with a Create Base Station window.
- Select Vendor/Model Gateway that you will be connecting to the network.
- Input the serial number for the base station. For more information on how to obtain the serial number and the proper format pleases see the Base Station specific documentation.
- Allocate an EUI for the Base Station to be used. If the Base Station does not have an EUI (most common) click the button to allocate an EUI from Senet's EUI registry.
- Confirm EUI Allocation
- Select the channel plan to be used for this gateway. Default is US Channel Plan.
- Select the RX channels to be used, this should be properly defaulted. It is not recommended to change these values.
- Connection Alerts - If you would like to be alerted if your gateway falls below an expected threshold select the proper expected load.
- Select the type of gateway you will be adding to the network.
- Input the location the Base Station will be located.
- If you do not know the GPS coordinates of the Base Station, click the button to automatically geo-locate the coordinates based on the earlier provided address.
- Fill in the installation info for where and how the Base Station will be installed
- Click Save, once complete your Base Station will be added to the table.
- If you have not done so, install the RAN provider software on the Base Station. The install instructions can be found in the Base Station specific documentation.
- When the Base Station is online with the software properly installed and talking to the network, you will see a green status indicator.